The family is the foundation upon which a successful community and society are built so what better than to spend some time studying how this social building block can flourish. Among the disturbing phenomena that many imams and councillors note is the breakdown of so many Muslim households - why is this happening? What is the missing ingredient? And most importantly how do we rectify the situation?
Home Sweet Home is an essential course for anyone who is looking to get married and start an Islamic home, and also for those who wish to improve or rekindle an existing one. As with all AlKauthar courses authentic knowledge will be combined with practical application so that the students can put theory into practice and enrich their lives with knowledge.
The Prophet (sullallahu alayhi wa-sallam) said: The best of you is the one who is best towards his family. As for me, I am best amongst you towards my family (Ibn Majah)
Phase 1 – The art of choosing your spouse
- Choosing a partner
- The husband (Adam)
- The two conditions: first - ethical conduct
- The two conditions: second - religous background
- The wife (Eve)
- The “back home” syndrome
- The four-point method
Phase 2 – Roadmap to happy beginninngs
- The rules of engagement
- Prerequisites of the marriage-contract
Phase 3 – Deciphering the Language Barrier Between Genders
- Our Guide, Prophet Muhammad (sullallahu alayhi wa-sallam)
- Six Secrets
Phase 4: Doing the Right Thing
- The Husband’s Duties towards His Wife
- Financial Duties
- Non-Financial Duties
- The Wife’s Duties towards Her Husband
- Mother vs. Mother-in-Law
Phase 5: Whatever You Do Will Be Done Onto You
- Parents’ Responsibilities And Duties Toward their Children
- Duties Before & After Child is Born
- Duties with Regards to Education and Upbringing
- Training in Good Manners and Characteristics
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Children’s Duties toward their Parents
Phase 6: And The Beat Goes On
- Why Were You Created?
- Tell Me Who Your Friends Are; I Will Tell You Who You Are
- Are You Proud of Your Identity?
- Your Whims and Desires
- Are You A Man?
- Are You Happy with Yourself?
- Course Length: 16 hours
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: English
- Subject: Tarbiyah
- Course Notes:
- Course Notes:
Free folder with course notes complete with Quran and Hadith references
- Course Audio:
Free MP3 audio of each tutor session available to download
- Breaks & Refreshments:
Free refreshments provided during frequently held breaks throughout the course.
- Q&A Session:
Courses include Question and Answer session. Sisters only Q&A also available
- Student Participation:
Students encouraged to enhance learning via case based studies.