The objective of this course is to take to the students through the names of Allah that He has used to describe Himself. These beautiful names will be looked at, the meanings explained and the spiritual benefits sought. The course will look into the linguistic meanings of the names and how they have been used in the Quran.
"He is Allah, the Creator, the Originator, The Fashioner, to Him belong the most beautiful names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, do declare His praises and glory. And He is the Exalted in Might, The Wise. (Qur'an 59:24)
In addition to learning the names and their deeper meaning we will look into how to use these names to supplicate to our Lord, using the example from the duas of the Prophet of Allah. In this way we hope to enhance our knowledge of Allah and strengthen our relationship with our Creator; this will in turn increase our faith and bring about life to our prayers and certainty to our duas.
"And to Allah belong the most beautiful names, so invoke Him by them..." (Qur'an 7:180)
The 99 Names of Allah – their beautiful meanings and life changing benefits is important because,
1. The knowledge of Allah is the most important subject that can be studied and is the main topic of the Quran.
2. The knowledge of Allah’s Names is a way of increasing in love of your Lord.
3. It will enhance your emotional connection in your worship and bring your prayers to life.
4. It will help you to appreciate Allah more and increase your faith.
5. It will give you an insight into the language Allah uses to describe Himself!
6. It will improve your character through understanding how these names impact your life
7. It will provide you with an invaluable tool in beseeching the creator in your supplications.
8. It will provide you with a solid foundation to explain who Allah is to your family and friends.