- Course Notes:
Free folder with course notes complete with Quran and Hadith references
- Course Audio:
Free MP3 audio of each tutor session available to download
- Breaks & Refreshments:
Free refreshments provided during frequently held breaks throughout the course.
- Q&A Session:
Courses include Question and Answer session. Sisters only Q&A also available
- Student Participation:
Students encouraged to enhance learning via case based studies.
The Hajj is the single most important and magnificent experience for the Muslim. It is a demonstration of submission to Allah and solidarity of the ummah.
Journey of the Hearts is a single day intensive that will take a look at the essentials of this journey of a lifetime. If this is the year you are planning to perform Hajj, this course will provide you with all the information required for your mental, spiritual and practical preparation.
And proclaim to mankind the Hajj. They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, they will come from every deep and distant mountain highway. (Surat al-Hajj, 22:27)
In this course you will be taken step by step through the Hajj rites. It is often overwhelming to be among some 3 million Muslims of various languages in a foriegn land. This course will help you plan your journey and prepare for the expected and the unexpected.
Firstly, you will gain familiarity with all the rites of Hajj. A step by step study of the obligations according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (sullallahu alayhi wa sallam). In this fiqh based part of the course you will cover topics including:
- The virtues & wisdoms of the Hajj
- Upon whom the Hajj is obligated
- Performing Hajj on behalf of another person
- The points of Maqat and the issues surrounding them
- The various types of Hajj
- The Ihram the prohibitions while in it and the penalties for violating it.
- The Umrah, the Tawaf & the Sai.
- The days of Hajj in Mina, Arafat & Muzdalifah.
Thereafter you will be instructed by Ustadh Ismail Davids who has many years of experience as a Hajj guide. His goal is to prepare you with the practicality of such a blessed journey in the blessed land. Your course binder is designed to be your guide in this blessed and spiritual journey and includes a full checklist to refresh your memory.
- To explain the importance of Hajj and Umrah.
- To teach the fiqh of Hajj.
- To impart a good understanding of how to put the theory of fiqh into practice.
- To help prepare for the practical aspects of travelling to Saudi Arabia for Hajj.
- To give some tips and tricks for Hajj.
- The regulations of the day of Jumuah and the prayer.
- The Eid prayer and the etiquettes of that day.
- The prayer of the traveller.
- The prayer when you are in fear.
- The Witr prayer.
- The sunnah prayers which are prayed with each obligatory prayer.
- The prayers of Tahajjud, Ad-Duha, Istikharah, Wudhu, Tawbah, Tasbeeh, and much more!
Section A: The Rulings of Hajj
- Definitions of Hajj and Umrah
- Virtues of Hajj and Umrah
- Wisdoms of Hajj
- Upon whom is Hajj obliged?
- Types of Hajj
- The maqats
- Prohibitions in the state of Ihram
- Penalties for violation of state of Ihram
- The Hajj
- The Visit to MadÄ«nah al-Munawwarah
Section B: Practical advice for Hajj
- Journey of a lifetime
- What to expect
- Hajj numbers for 1995 - 2004
- The journey and Ihram
- Arrival in Jeddah
- Makkah al-Mukarramah
- Between Umrah and Hajj
- The Hajj
- Hajj day by day
- Back to Makkah
- Visit to Madinah al-Munawwarah
- Going home
- Your own pearls of wisdom
- Hajj support for you