- Course Length: 8 hours
- Level: Beginners to Intermediate
- Language: English
- Subject: Fiqh
- Course Notes:
Free folder with course notes complete with Quran and Hadith references
- Course Audio:
Free MP3 audio of each tutor session available to download
- Breaks & Refreshments:
Free refreshments provided during frequently held breaks throughout the course.
- Q&A Session:
Courses include Question and Answer session. Sisters only Q&A also available
- Student Participation:
Students encouraged to enhance learning via case based studies.
The Hajj is the single most important and magnificent experience for the Muslim. It is a demonstration of submission to Allah and solidarity of the ummah.
Journey of the Hearts is a single day intensive that will take a look at the essentials of this journey of a lifetime. If this is the year you are planning to perform Hajj, this course will provide you with all the information required for your mental, spiritual and practical preparation.
And proclaim to mankind the Hajj. They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, they will come from every deep and distant mountain highway. (Surat al-Hajj, 22:27)
In this course you will be taken step by step through the Hajj rites. It is often overwhelming to be among some 3 million Muslims of various languages in a foriegn land. This course will help you plan your journey and prepare for the expected and the unexpected.
Firstly, you will gain familiarity with all the rites of Hajj. A step by step study of the obligations according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (sullallahu alayhi wa sallam). In this fiqh based part of the course you will cover topics including:
- The virtues & wisdoms of the Hajj
- Upon whom the Hajj is obligated
- Performing Hajj on behalf of another person
- The points of Maqat and the issues surrounding them
- The various types of Hajj
- The Ihram the prohibitions while in it and the penalties for violating it.
- The Umrah, the Tawaf & the Sai.
- The days of Hajj in Mina, Arafat & Muzdalifah.
Thereafter you will be instructed by Ustadh Ismail Davids who has many years of experience as a Hajj guide. His goal is to prepare you with the practicality of such a blessed journey in the blessed land. Your course binder is designed to be your guide in this blessed and spiritual journey and includes a full checklist to refresh your memory.
- To explain the importance of Hajj and Umrah.
- To teach the fiqh of Hajj.
- To impart a good understanding of how to put the theory of fiqh into practice.
- To help prepare for the practical aspects of travelling to Saudi Arabia for Hajj.
- To give some tips and tricks for Hajj.
Section A: The Rulings of Hajj
- Definitions of Hajj and Umrah
- Virtues of Hajj and Umrah
- Wisdoms of Hajj
- Upon whom is Hajj obliged?
- Types of Hajj
- The maqats
- Prohibitions in the state of Ihram
- Penalties for violation of state of Ihram
- The Hajj
- The Visit to MadÄ«nah al-Munawwarah
Section B: Practical advice for Hajj
- Journey of a lifetime
- What to expect
- Hajj numbers for 1995 - 2004
- The journey and Ihram
- Arrival in Jeddah
- Makkah al-Mukarramah
- Between Umrah and Hajj
- The Hajj
- Hajj day by day
- Back to Makkah
- Visit to Madinah al-Munawwarah
- Going home
- Your own pearls of wisdom
- Hajj support for you
Abu Muneer Ismail Davids is an active speaker and community contributor from Sydney, Australia who specialises in the pillar of Hajj. He was born in South Africa and moved to Australia where he resides with his family. His first Hajj was in 1989 and it was to be the first of many times that he would be blessed with visiting the Holy lands. In that time he developed a passion to share his experience and knowledge of Hajj with the masses. He has spent time studying the aspects of Hajj from scholars and coupled that with vast experience of going to Hajj over the last few decades. Ismail Davids has been delivering workshops and seminars on Hajj for many years, his programs on Hajj have been appreciated by thousands of people over the years. Ismail Davids spends much of his free time encouraging people to make the pilgrimage supporting and advising those who are planning to go Hajj, and teaching those that want to learn the essentials of this subject. Ismail Davids is also the author of the best selling Hajj guide entitled 'Getting the best of of Al Hajj'. His down to earth nature, practical advice and humour make his Hajj course invaluable to those planning to make that journey of the hearts.