- Course Notes:
Free folder with course notes complete with Quran and Hadith references
- Course Audio:
Free MP3 audio of each tutor session available to download
- Breaks & Refreshments:
Free refreshments provided during frequently held breaks throughout the course.
- Q&A Session:
Courses include Question and Answer session. Sisters only Q&A also available
- Student Participation:
Students encouraged to enhance learning via case based studies.
After you leave this world, you will enter another. A world you cannot see and yet it is a fundamental part of our belief. How can you begin to imagine this world? In this course you will learn about how Allah and then our Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa-sallam) describes the sequence of events beginning from the signs of the Hour, the Day of Judgement and all that occurs up until we enter upon our final destination either in the terrible torments of the Hellfire or the everlasting pleasures of Paradise.
And who believe in what has been sent down to you (Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa-sallam and in [the Books] what was sent down before you and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. Surat al-Baqarah, 2:4
Learning about the Hereafter with correct understanding is the solution to the confusions we face regarding matters of the Unseen, a core aspect of Muslim belief. This knowledge strengthens the iman of a Muslim and aims to build taqwah by establishing love, fear and hope of Allah.
- Understanding the significance and status of studying the Last Day
- Distinguish what we know from what we do not know regarding when the Hour will occur
- Identify the signs of the Day of Judgement
- Distinguising between Major & Minor signs and how to deal with them
- Identify the causes and signs of a good and bad death
- Identify the beliefs regarding life after death, the grave, and reward/punishment in the grave
- Identify the beliefs regarding the Resurrection. Awareness of the position of various other groups
- Identify the descriptions of the gathering of people after the Resurrection
- Understanding details of intercession on that day
- Identify details of the Judgement
- Identify details of the Mizan (the Balance), the Hawd, the Sirat, the Qantarah and al-A'raf
- Identify the opinions of the scholars about Paradise, Hellfire and seeing Allah
- Identify important principles which help a Muslim deal with matters of the Unseen in the correct manner
- Belief in the Last Day
- The Hour and its signs
- Death and Life in al-Barzakh
- Al-Khatimah (the end of one’s worldly life)
- Al-Qabr (the Grave)
- The Resurrection
- The Great Gathering
- The Standing (awaiting judgement)
- The Pool (al-Hawd)
- Paradise and Hellfire
- Seeing Allah (al-ru'yah)
- Principles that help Muslims to deal with matters of the Unseen in the correct manner
Sheikh Imtiyaz Damiel was born in Blackburn, England, and is married with four children. He completed five years of a traditional Alimiyyah training course, and then went on to complete a BA Hons degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies at the University of Leeds. As part of his degree he also spent one year studying in Sana, Yemen.
On completion of his degree he spent one year at Toronto, Canada, doing further studies in Comparative Religions.
In 2003 he completed a diploma in Arabic and Islamic Studies, and then a further diploma in Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language at King Saud University, Riyadh. He then completed another BA Hons degree in Islamic Studies at King Saud University, and then enrolled in the Masters program, specializing in Hadith & Tafsir at the same university.
Sheikh Imtiyaz is a University lecturer and Educational Consultant. He is currently the CEO and Founder of the multi-award winning Abu Hanifah Foundation. He was also the winner of the 2016 British Imams & Scholars award for outstanding contribution to youth work.