The similarities between birth and death are astonishing. When we came to this life, we were given a shower, when leaving life, we’ll be given a Ghusl, after the shower we were covered with a blanket, after Ghusl we’ll be shrouded, when we came to this life, we were given a birth certi cate, and when we leave this life we’ll be given a death certi cates, and between them we’ll be collecting certi cates, keeping in mind the most important certi cate of all, we’ll be given on Judgment Day.
Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing). (3:185)
And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned. (52:21)
In this course, we’ll block the path to the Hellfire by learning all about it, and its’ dwellers' characteristics and attributes, and pave the path to Jannah by learning all about it, and its’ dwellers' characteristics and attributes for our ultimate retirement plan.
- To get an in-depth knowledge about Hellfire and Paradise, including their punishments and their pleasures.
- To gain the proper understanding of the deeds that will protect you from the Hellfire and attain Paradise.
- To provide you with characteristics and attributes of the dwellers of Hellfire, so you can omit, and characteristics and attributes of the dwellers of Paradise, so you can emulate them.
- To reprioritize your life according to the 8 over 3.
- To rebrand the true measuring stick upon which you make decisions in life.
- Understanding of the 5 phases that you will go through on the journey of the soul and how to capitalize on the middle phase (Life/Obligation).
- To provide you with the ultimate retirement plan for you and your family.
Key highlights of the course:
- How to make your last words to be La Illaha Illa Allaah; your best deeds to be your last; and your best day to be the day you meet Allaah.
- To gain the knowledge about evil and good and recognize their signs in life.
- To be among the 7 shaded on Judgement Day.
- To be among the Slaves of Allaah.
- To get the best in this life and the best in the Hereafter, and to protect yourself and your family from the Hellfire and earn Paradise.
- To be a walking living example of Quran and Sunnah.
- To invest wisely in your precious cargo (Your family).
- Ultimately, protect them from the Hellfire, and be with them in Paradise.
- Course Length: 16 hours
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: English
- Subject: Tarbiyah
- Course Notes:
- Course Notes:
Free folder with course notes complete with Quran and Hadith references
- Course Audio:
Free MP3 audio of each tutor session available to download
- Breaks & Refreshments:
Free refreshments provided during frequently held breaks throughout the course.
- Q&A Session:
Courses include Question and Answer session. Sisters only Q&A also available
- Student Participation:
Students encouraged to enhance learning via case based studies.
Sheikh Alaa was born in Cairo and lived in Egypt until he was 15 years old. During his youth, he spent his time as the goalie for the Junior National Team and moved to Toronto, Canada in the late 1970’s.
Sheikh Alaa worked as Vice-President of Business Development for an international company and during this time he competed and was placed first in the 1992 Bermuda Triathlon. He also trained in conflict resolution, crisis management, six sigma, communication skills, advance train the trainer, and inclusion training. He teaches Home Sweet Home and Parenting Matters courses for AlKauthar Institute around the world.
Sheikh Alaa studied for his Bachelors in Shariah from the American International University and earned a scholarship from the Shari'ah Academy/Mishkah University in Florida. Sheikh Alaa has also received his ijazah of Quran recitation for Hafs an Asim and studied comparative religion for five years through the IPCI in South Africa. He was on the board of directors of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
Sheikh Alaa currently lives in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) with his wife and three children. He is a member of the Canadian Council of Imams as well as a member of Horizon Interfaith Communication Media Council. Prior to this, he was an Imam for the Muslim Council of Calgary and acted as its media spokesperson. He has hosted Vision of Islam, a weekly television show which runs throughout Alberta, Canada. He has also appeared as a speaker on Islam on various television channels, including Peace TV.
Sheikh Alaa was a member of the Calgary Multi-Faith Committee and a member of the Muslim Christian Dialogue Committee. Sheikh Alaa received the Alberta Centennial award by the Alberta Government in 2005, granted to him for his outstanding service to the Alberta community and he also received recognition from the city of Mississauga and the Members of Council for his Leadership role in 2015.
Currently Sheikh Alaa is the Director of Religious Affairs for the Islamic Centre of Canada-ISNA. Prior to that, he was the Executive Director for the Canadian Islamic Congress. Sheikh Alaa is a favourite tutor with AlKauthar Institute and Director of Public Relations for Mercy Mission World.