The Prophets – Their Lives, Our Lessons.
The stories of the Prophets are mentioned throughout the Qur’an and provide an insight into the key incidents in the lives of those chosen by Allah. In each of these incidents have been preserved timeless lessons for every person looking to follow in the footsteps of the most blessed of mankind. In this course we will study these important stories in order to reflect upon the lessons contained therein and implement what we have learned in order to better our own character and conduct. The legacy of Prophethood is something intrinsically linked to our faith and as such, we should all be familiar with the stories of our noble Prophets and how they apply to our own lives.
“Indeed in their stories, there are lessons for men of understanding” Yusuf:111
The Prophets of Allah are from the true elite of humanity, chosen and guided by Him as examples for us to follow. They faced challenges and disobedience from their people yet cared deeply for them and remained steadfast upon the truth. Don’t miss this important opportunity to study and reflect upon the lives of over a dozen Prophets in one weekend.
The Prophets – Their Lives, Our Lessons is important because:
- The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) was commanded by Allah to relate the stories of the Prophets for the benefit of his Ummah.
- The Prophetic stories contain great wisdom and are for contemplation and deep reflection.
- Learning about the Prophets increases our love for them and connects us to their legacy.
- Studying the lives of the Prophets helps us appreciate the challenges faced by them.
- The stories of the Prophets give us hope and confidence in the message they all came with.
- The lives and examples of the Prophets provide a methodology for presenting Islam to others.
- The Prophets are our role models from whom we can all take great lessons.
- Every Muslim should be familiar with the Prophets and be able to share their stories with future generations.
This course will go through Prophetic stories and extract important lessons to help us follow in the footsteps of the most noble people to walk the face of the earth. This is a course for everyone young or old, novice or well versed.
“Thus do we recite to you the stories of what had passed of old, and indeed We have given to you a reminder from Ourselves” TaHa:99
Each one of us is a unique and distinct piece that connects to a larger jigsaw puzzle. What knits us together is our common heritage. The Prophets of Allah illustrates the lives of real men who were chosen by Allah as examples for us all: Young/ Old, Healthy/Sick, Rich/Poor, Free/Detained, Loved/Hated. This course will bring life to the stories we all know and love and strengthen our connection to the One who created us all. Be inspired to make your own mark and take control of your future by learning from lessons of the past.
This course will cover:
- Adam: The Original Man!
- Nuh: Perseverance in Da’wah
- Hud: Living Among the People of Ad
- Salih: Thamud’s Plot to Kill the She Camel
- Ibrahim: The Khalil of Allah
- Ismail: Safa, Marwa and the Spring of Zamzam
- Ishaq: A Bundle of Joy to a Barren Mother
- Lut: In the Company of Angels and Campaigning Against Sodomy
- Yaqub: Raising 13 Children
- Yusuf: From Prison to Parliament
- Shuaib: The Destruction of Madyan
- Dhun Nun: Yunus and the Whale
- Ayyub: Patience & Gratitude
- Musa & Firawn: One on One!
- Dawud and Goliath: A True Legend
- Sulayman: Commander of the Jinn
- Zakariyya: Guardian of Maryam
- Yayha: Campaign against Incest
- Issa: Miracle after Miracle, from Birth to Ascent