Purification of the Soul
Instructor: Abu Abdissalam
The heart is the most crucial part of the body and is directly connected to one's soul. Explore the diseases of the heart and equip yourself with knowledge on how to cure them in this detailed course.
Abu Abdissalam was born in Coventry and was raised in London. Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the City University in London, his zeal for knowledge led him to give up a subsequently lucrative career in the computer industry to join Dār Al-Ḥadīth Al-Khayriyyah in the blessed city of Makkah where he obtained a degree in Islamic Studies, specialising in Ḥadīth and it's Sciences.
During his time there, he has studied under many of the prominent scholars of our time. He has completed a degree at the Dār al-Ḥadīth, Makkah.
In the course of his studies he has acquired ijāzas for all of the six major books of Ḥadīth (al-Bukhārī, Muslim, al-Tirmidhī, Abū Dāwūd, al-Nasāʾī and Ibn Mājah). In addition to this, he has obtained ijāzas for the Sharḥ of ʿAqīdah Ṭaḥāwiyyah of Ibn ʿAbd al-ʿIzz al-Ḥanafi, Shaykh Muḥammmad Amīn al-Harari's Sharḥ of the Muqadimmah of Muslim and Nuzhat al-Naẓr Sharḥ Nukhbat al-Fikr of Ibn Ḥajar.
Abu Abdissalam has translated a number of Islamic texts from Arabic into English for the benefit of the English speaking Muslims around the world.
Abu Abdissalam also appears regularly on Islam Channel, a UK-based satellite channel which is currently broadcasting two of his series: 'Heavenly Pearls' and 'Stories of the Prophets'.
The Sovereign Lecture Theatre,
The Bradford Royal Infirmary,
Duckworth Lane, Bradford,
1. Appreciating the holistic nature of Islam.
2. Love for Allah’s Messenger (ṣalla'llāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam).
3. Recognising the diseases of the heart.
4. Learning their causes and their cures
5. Purifying your intentions for actions.
6. Anger management.
7. Controlling the tongue.
8. Increasing the quality of your tawbah.
Part 1: The 3 Components of Man & the Reality of Religion
- The 3 Components of Man
- The Components of the Religion
Part 2: Iḥsān
- The levels of Iḥsān
- Acquiring higher levels of Iḥsān
Part 3: Tazkiyah – Concepts & Terms
- Definition of Tazkiyat al-Nafs
- Remedies and Cures
- Importance of Tazkiyat al-Nafs
Part 4: The Traps of the Shayṭān
- Evil – Origins and Wisdoms
- Iblīs' Ploy
- Iblīs’ Last Attack
Part 5: Diseases and Vices of the Heart
- Anger - Effects of Anger; Anger management
- Backbiting, slander and tale carrying
- Riyāʾ (Ostentation): Types of Riyāʾ
- Love of this world