- Course Length: 8 hours
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: English
- Subject: Tarbiyah
- Course Notes:
Free folder with course notes complete with Quran and Hadith references
- Course Audio:
Free MP3 audio of each tutor session available to download
- Breaks & Refreshments:
Free refreshments provided during frequently held breaks throughout the course.
- Q&A Session:
- Courses include Question and Answer session. Sisters only Q&A also available
- Student Participation:
Students encouraged to enhance learning via case based studies.
The heart is the most crucial part of the body and is directly connected to one's soul. Explore the diseases of the heart and equip yourself with knowledge on how to cure them in this detailed course.
- Appreciating the holistic nature of Islam
- Love for Allah’s Messenger (sullallahu alaihi wa sallam)
- Recognising the diseases of the heart
- Learning their causes and their cures
- Purifying your intentions for actions
- Anger management
- Controlling the tongue
- Increasing the quality of your tawbah.
Part 1: The 3 Components of Man & the Reality of Religion
- The 3 Components of Man
- The Components of the Religion
Part 2: Ihsan
- The levels of Ihsan
- Acquiring higher levels of Ihsan
Part 3: Tazkiyah – Concepts & Terms
- Definition of Tazkiyat al-Nafs
- Remedies and Cures
- Importance of Tazkiyat al-Nafs
Part 4: The Traps of the Shaytan
- Evil – Origins and Wisdoms
- Iblis Ploy
- Iblis Last Attack
Part 5: Diseases and Vices of the Heart
- Anger - Effects of Anger; Anger management
- Backbiting, slander and tale carrying
- Riya (Ostentation): Types of Riya
- Love of this world
Sheikh Abu Abdissalam was born in Coventry and was raised in London. Graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the City University in London, his zeal for knowledge led him to give up a subsequently lucrative career in the computer industry to join Dar al-Hadith Al-Khayriyyah in the blessed city of Makkah where he obtained a degree in Islamic Studies, as well as a specialization in Hadith and Hadith Sciences.
During his time there, he has studied under many of the prominent scholars of our time. He has completed a degree at the Dar al-Hadith, Makkah.
In the course of his studies he has acquired ijazas for all of the six major books of Hadith (al-Bukhari, Muslim, al-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah). In addition to this, he has obtained ijazas for the Sharh, Aqidah Tahawiyyah of Ibn Abd al-Izz al-hanafi, Shaykh Muhammad Amin al-Harari's Sharh of the Muqadimmah of Muslim and Nuzhat al-Nazar Sharh Nukhbat al-Fikr of Ibn Hajar.
Abu Abdissalam has translated a number of Islamic texts from Arabic into English for the benefit of the English speaking Muslims around the world.
Abu Abdissalam also appears regularly on Islam Channel, a UK-based satellite channel which is currently broadcasting two of his series: 'Heavenly Pearls' and 'Stories of the Prophets'.