BECOME RICH! Rich in your understanding of commerce in Islam. Do you want to develop a practical understanding of Islamic finance and transactions? Do you want to avoid falling into the numerous and commonly unknown forms of ribÄ?
This course covers all monetary transactions from the day-to-day transactions that every person is involved in to business dealings and contracts. You will also learn about the various types of investments, payment options, loans, credit cards, bonds and all that relates to money. The principles learned in this course will enable you to deal confidently with money without fear of falling into ribÄ.
Learn about a financial system that is far superior and more just than any current financial system!
And Allah has permitted trade, but forbidden ribÄ (SÅ«rat al-Baqarah, 2:275)
"And Allah has permitted trade, but forbidden riba" [AlBaqarah: 275]
One of the most difficult and confusing issues to Muslims now a days are the matters pertaining to the rulings of buying and selling. With trade and commerce having expanded with such rapid force, many are searching for what Islam has to say about it all. Of recent, a surge in global Islamic finance and the renewed interest in Shariah business law - requires us to understand the basic principles upon which Islam bases its ruling.
In this course, you will be introduced to:
1) The Fiqh of business transactions
2) Transactions and their classifications
3) Forbidden contracts and their understanding
4) The correct understanding and application of Riba (Usuary)
5) Understanding Heylah (Legal trickery) and how to detect it
6) Understand how the element of uncertainty may affect the validity of a transaction
7) Principles of Halal investment
8) Manners of a Muslim businessman/business women
9) Comparisons between western and Shariah commercial law
10) Discussions of the ten most popular modern business transaction - everything from:
- Credit cards, roadside assistance, pyramid schemes, ebay, unlimited downloads,
- Deposit lay-bys, cash-back policies, modern Islamic mortgages and investments in bonds,
- Stocks and metals, laws on business and intellectual property, franchising…
- Discussion of sample contracts from Islamic financial institutions
- A preliminary study of how to islamise large scale economic policies and ensure smooth transition to a riba-free economy
- Course Length: 16 hours
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: English
- Subject: Fiqh
- Course Notes:
- Course Notes:
Free folder with course notes complete with Quran and Hadith references
- Course Audio:
Free MP3 audio of each tutor session available to download
- Breaks & Refreshments:
Free refreshments provided during frequently held breaks throughout the course.
- Q&A Session:
Courses include Question and Answer session. Sisters only Q&A also available
- Student Participation:
Students encouraged to enhance learning via case based studies.
Sheikh Dr. Tawfique Chowdhury is the Chairman of Mercy Mission. He has, from an early age, excelled in academic studies, consistently being awarded prizes and accolades for his various achievements.
Sheikh Tawfique is a graduate of Medicine from the University of Bond, Australia, as well as a graduate of the college of Shariah at the Islamic University of Madinah.
Being a prolific speaker, Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury has travelled internationally, sharing his knowledge worldwide. He is renowned for specializing in Islamic Jurisprudence - particularly Islamic finance, Muslim Family Law and Islamic Medical Ethics.