Fiqh of Marriage & Divorce
Instructor: Daood Butt
Booking details available soon
The quest to spend our life with a special someone is a journey every one of us aspires to embark on. It is precisely for this reason that the Sharīʿah has clarified to us so many of its principles and mannerisms, that we may lead a blessed, happy life with our true soul mate. Without this knowledge, marriage is devoid of the blessings of Islam. Similarly, to ensure that the Islamic brotherhood and sisterhood is preserved, the Sharīʿah has set down clear guidelines on the Prophetic etiquettes and rulings of divorce. Despite divorce being so rampant these days, most people hardly know anything about it.
In this course you will learn the fiqh of the entire marriage process. Some of the course highlights include:
- Qualities to look for in a spouse
- Manners of proposing to a prospective partner
- The rulings of Islam pertaining to the marriage contract, its conditions and invalidators
- Modern methods and types of marriage and their rulings in Islam
- Clear understanding about the rulings of illegal marriage, zina. How to deal with it's children out of wedlock
- Rulings pertaining to the Islamic manner of divorce and annulment (khulaʾ)
- Clear and detailed understanding of the aftermath of divorce, such as child custody
Nurture that love and build a blessed marriage by learning all you need to know about the rules and regulations of Marriage with AlKauthar's knockout course.
1. Learn all about the rulings of marriage, the marriage proposal, the pillars of marriage and its details.
2. Learn all about the women that are forbidden to get married to and about their level of dependance on their walīs.
3. Learn in detail about the rulings of divorce and its intricacies.
4. Learn all about the ʿiddah and its rulings, and the khulaʾ and its rulings.
5. Clarify a number of misunderstandings regarding marriage and divorce laws in Islam.
6. Have a good idea about the rulings regarding some of the most important modern issues that plague our society in the matters of marriage and divorce.
7. Appreciate the comprehensive nature of our Sharīʿah.
1. Introduction to Marriage
2. The Rulings of Marriage
3. Choosing the right spouse
4. Making the proposal
5. Pillars of Marriage
6. The Women that are forbidden
7. The Walī
8. The Mahr (dowry)
9. Fiqh of Divorce
10. Nature of divorce in Islam
11. Pillars of Divorce
12. Types of Divorce
13. The ʿIddah (waiting period)
14. Annulment of marriage (khulaʾ)
15. The rights of custody
designed and developed by websquare